Skip to main content

Leipzig #1

I arrived yesterday by plane in Leipzig and the flight took only 45 minutes. From the airport I travelled to the centre of Leipzig by train. Of course, my train left the station as soon as I made a footstep at the platform. Therefor I had to wait for the next one. If you ever travel the same way, be aware that the train, although it heads every time into the same direction, leaves from different tracks. I almost had to wait a second time...
Finally having arrived at Basti's flat we ate and went out again. And I've been at one of the coolest for going out. It's called Moritzbastei and it is student club. My vocabulary says "bastei" means "bastion". I hope you can handle that. Moritzbastei is the Leipzig version of a Kårhuset. It is huge. Really really huge. It does not only cover a huge area with several floors, but its rooms are also several meters high. And according to a sign in the entrance it is from the 16th century. It's fun to imagine that ancient people walked and worked here and today people dance and drink here. Drinks are cheap and the music was quite good. We danced really a lot and I cannot remember the time we went home. But I fall to sleep immidiatly when I just sit on my bed waiting for the bathroom.
Today we did not much. It is hot and I don't want to move. We've been out for lunch at late midday. After the Siesta we go now to town. Shopping and Icecream for cooling down. I like that city.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.