Skip to main content

Ein Neuer Tag

Sometimes in your life, their exist days which seem to overload your senses. Those days could be storyline for a movie. And this is definitely one of them. Let me think... what did I learn today... 30 minutes as buffer for reaching an airplane is not necessarily enough. Oh yes, and the Swedish mail service is the worst in whole europe, because letters with a stamp of a date a week before I have left Sweden did not reach me before my departure in June.
As usual I have been nervous the whole morning. I thought about what I have done the past 5 weeks and what I have missed. I've been to Madrid and Leipzig, met close friends as well from my study program as from my Erasmus year. But I did not visit everybody I wanted. I thought about things I see for the last time for a while. The view from my balconey. My old room which isn't anymore really my room. And the dogs.
Because we need with the car just 40 minutes, we started in time to be 30 minutes at the airport before Check-In closes. But today we had heavy rain and an unbelievable slow kind of a "slight traffic jam". When I realized we would not make it in time I could have cried and exploded at the same time. Therefore, when the woman at the Check-In number 20 said, she cannot do anything for me, because I am 10 minutes too late, she told me something I already expected. BUT, the woman from Check-In number 1, who was not responsable for any flight, took my luggage and gave me my ticket. Thanks to the Germanwings-Crew from Check-In number 1. You saved my life. She gave me the ticket, I turned and I could not say anything. I really had believed I would not make it. My brother said "My god, you have a shock" when he tried to make a serious Good-Bye to me. And it took an eternity to get through the checks! Of course I got the slowest queue. The woman before me had to decide which of here fluids she would have to throw away, because she was not allowed to take everything. 5 minutes before departure I arrived at my Gate. Even at the plane I did not believe it and thought about probably sitting in the wrong plane.
But I arrived at Arlanda, where I had to wait almost 3 hours. And I checked my watch every two minutes. Sometimes several time in a minute. It was hard to wait for the train. And inside the train time did not seem to pass. Only the last hour I got more and more excited reaching my goal.
And now I am here. Welcome to Sundsvall! May the new year become as great, confusing and extraordinary as the last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...