Skip to main content

De tijd vergaat zo snel

Again Wednesday. Again thesis, again salsa. Tomorrow again Thursday, again salsa. Afterwards again Friday, again weekend. And all the time those moments "Damn, is it already one week ago?" Everything feels like yesterday. And if it does not feel like yesterday, it feels like eternity.
But in all the routine are always specialties. Saturday to Sunday was Christians birthday party. The longest party so far and I even made it until the end (6am). Yesterday I was eating at the pizzeria since a long long time (I guess, last time was with Phil and Ulrich when they had their last day at university beginning of June). On Friday Ella and I will try to have lunch. Surprisingly, by now there are no plans for the weekend. Well, next weeks are exams' weeks.
Last week I set up a schedule for my thesis. And it is already not valid anymore. Yesterday I was only busy with my lesson and language learning (I am looking forward to the next Non-English post on this blog). Another restraint for my schedule: Successive step-by-step working at the thesis is not possible. It is more efficient to work on several steps in parallel which leads to uncertainty if my schedule is still in time, because I am late in my current work, but I already did some things of work that was planned for end of November. But it goes quite well. I deleted 4 pages today from my thesis but wrote 4 new pages. Does not look so bad.
Today I got my schedule for the new term. A lot more work than last term. I have to recalculate and hope that it is more than fixed in my contract, so I can hope for a higher salary. And I have to shift lessons because of the trip to Kiruna and Germany in December. Tonight I will prepare the exam for my lesson next week. I had to remember my mathematics-teacher from highschool... "I can only correct your exams with a bottle of good red wine" - and we all hoped to be corrected at the end of the bottle. But the idea has something tempting. Some nips while preparing an exam could support creativity. So for tonight, the only question that remains is: should it be good red wine or a cold whiskey.

Comments

myblog said…
De tijd vergaat zo snel.
Ist das dänisch?

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...