Skip to main content

... And a happy new year

Nice, nice. So far, 2008 started quite well. But from the beginning. I arrived back in Sundsvall at the 30th December late in the evening. In my appartment I found a mail from my home university: they finally accepted my diploma thesis. Deadline is the 27th of February. Great, an end is finally in sight. The last evening of the year 2007 we spent in the Italian flat with a big dinner and drinking games afterwards. Jonny and Marzena has been there, too!!! Before midnight we drove to Norra Berget to watch the fireworks. Not that we haven't seen some, for at least since two days they shot as many rockets as at midnight itsself. And we were not the only people with the idea to go to Norra Berget. We missed the countdown so congratulations were rather spontanuous, but still sincerely. Afterwards heading back to the Marcos. I do not know when we finally went home. Pictures by Ward.
The following days were pure holidays. Sleeping long, having breakfast earliest at 11am, skipping lunch, playing card games, having dinner etc. At the 4th of January Maritha and I picked up Christian from the trainstation as surpise in the early evening. The same we did with Jens on day later. Now we're complete again. On Jens' first evening we went out with everybody who is already back in Sundsvall. But our mood was rather for cosy sittin than for dancing, so we went to The Bishops Arm and drank a few beer.
In the next morning we went to Sidsjön skiing. It was the second time in my life and first time going up the lift I was doubting if I shouldn't have waited for Vemdalen with its beginner-slope. But it was so great! Since then I can hardly wait for the skiweek in Vemdalen. In my rather naiv opinon we had great conditions. In the beginning it was snowing a lot and it was almost completely free from ice. Pictures by Ward.
Since my diploma thesis is now serious I installed the project completely at my home computer. I can spare the time walking to university. Todays task: interface design. We will see how it will go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...