Skip to main content

Brithday

17th January

The night I turned 25 we had first a sittin in the italian flat. I left earlier back to my appartment for helping Maritha moving to Jens and me. At midnight Christian, Maritha and Jens surprised me with Jelly shots, a movie about my "thousand faces" and a selfmade accustic song by Jens! I think we were sitting two hours in the living room, watching pictures and telling stories.
My birthday party was the biggest birthday party I have ever celebrated. At the same time it was a welcome party for all new students and a good bye to Ralf and Matt. The guests came almost all in half an hour. From the first I remember the names, but after a while it was impossible for me to keep in touch with everybody. Living room, corridor, kitchen and balconey were absolutely crowded. It must have been 50 people at least. Pictures by Ward.
The appartment next morning was a mess. After cleaning the statistics showed up three broken glasses, a small hole in a wall and a broken chair. But the new students committed a no-go: they drank all my alcohol. In the end of the party all my wine and beer was gone, but I did not drink it. Really not cool. And Kylie lost her spot at the bathroom door. But she is well and will move back as soon as I get some tape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...