Skip to main content

Coming Clean

Perhaps you have already noticed some differences between men and women. During their evolution, which seems to be totally different to evolution of men, they evolved skills no man can every imagine. One of these skills is to find weaknesses. Do you know these situations? You have cleaned your room and your mother or girlfriend enters and finds immidiatly the only place you forgot to clean (behind the cupboard, on the doorframe etc.). Even if they don't search, they find these places in seconds. By doing this, they can show you places you have never known them to exist before! And today I saw a job where you can use this ability perfectly: the inspector.
Because Basti had his inspection today, he cleaned the whole flat yesterday night. I was thinking he is too serious, because Dennis and I are still living here and I thought Basti would have just had to clean his own room. But he cleaned everything, and the flat shines in light like never seen before. It was not that clean when we moved in. Floors, furnitures, kitchen, bathrooms... just everything.
Well, almost everyhting. Tody came the inspector. Because he is obviously no woman, this traitor on his own species had a list showing what to check in the flat. But he were not ably to deny his genes generally, because he needed a few minutes to find Bastis weaknesses. Basti left some dust at the lamp at the bathroom and had not cleaned the surface of the doorframes of the cupboards at the kitchen. After having diagnosted these things the inspector used the worst of all tricks.
This trick is such an evil one that every man looses at this. Because when a man cleans a room, he has a plan. The whole room is virtually saved in his head as a perfectly measured map. Because they do not enjoy to much thinking they develop an cleaning-room-algorithm which is something like "Clean every surface you can see". And then he cleans the room. After that the room looks fine, but this algorithm has some critical weaknesses which somehow men never can overcome. For example, something you should never do in such a man-clean room is to move something. Therefore: Don't move anything! No lamp, no carpet, no cupboard, no anything. Just leave everything where it is. This is an artwork, a picture, a something for dreaming of perfectly cleaned rooms.
So the inspector moved the oven a few centimeters forward pointing at the wall behind it which we had never seen before. And we said the same stupid thing every man says when this happens: "We did not know that we can move the oven!". We could also have said, that we don't know how to spell our names. At least the inspector seems to think like I do, because he gave Basti time until tomorrow (!!!) to repair these things. The spanish girls got only 5 minutes for cleaning the oven.
Concluding: this absolute serious cleaning session is worthless at all. I cooked my food a few minutes ago and the pasta overboiled...
I think, as a friend and to void addition suprises tomorrow, I should show Basti another place he has never seen before.

Comments

myblog said…
Super! Da hast du echt mal was wahres gesagt. Ich fühle mit.

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ankle parade

What a weekend. Friday I watched "The Ring" with Christian and Maritha. And for getting down after the movie we watched Scream3. Saturday was a soccer-tournament in the Nacksta sportshall. When we entered the hall and watched the other teams we realzied immediately "Damn, they know how to play". So we started straight away we tactical plans. "Ok, first, with which foot do you shoot" - "Right" - "I as well right" - "Right, too" - "Don't know, I never kicked a ball before"... We were definitely the team with the most fun. We laughed so much. More and more werid tactics arised. From playing in a circle, so everybody can shot with the right foot, to Eileen's scare-tactic which should not explained in detail here. After three matches we were out, but we won at least the second. During the second game in injured somehow my ankle. I have no idea when and how, but I skipped for that reason the last match. The girls h...