Skip to main content

Rock Rendezvous

I know, I know. No new post since tuesday, although the week was interesting. But most of the time I spent at university, working on assignments and having lessons. The first week of the new semester went fine.
On friday afternoon Conny arrived for a visit. In the evening we ate spaghetti at Ulli's place, because she received so much pasta from people who went back to their homecountry. On saturday we went to the city after a long breakfast. We used the opportunity for going to Lidl buying some stuff for me. In sweden, Lidl is much better than ICA, but it is at the other end of town, so we can only reach it by a 45-minute-walk or by bus. Conny and I visited the museum of the Kulturmagazinet, too. I've been in Sundsvall since September and I somehow never went there. But it is really nice. It is about art, but also about world- and swedish geology as for skandinavian- and Sundsvall's history. If you visit Sundsvall, you should go there. The entry is free and it is really worth the time! For sure, it was not the last time I've been there.
In the evening we cooked lasagne (thanks to Conny for handling the kitchen so confidently) and preheated at the living room before we went out a location we never visited before. We heard of a place called "Skeppsbrokällaren" where they play rock music. As you often complained, the swedish club music is annoying. They play the same songs everywhere and NEVER rock or something you could listen, too. Just always and everywhere the same dancing music. When we arrived at Skeppsbrokällaren they played real music! It is a fine place. Not so much for dancing, but for sitting, listening good music and talking. The audience is really interesting. Some punks and weird people. But after some songs the DJ changed the music to Justin Timberlake and all the other dancing music. What a sin. In Germany, they would have kicked the DJ out of the pub. But not in Sweden: the punks stood up and danced until 2 o'clock. Weird. And we met a girl from Germany who is working there. She moved with her mother to Sweden five years ago and she seemed to be happy to meet some fellowers. All in all, it was a nice place I for sure I did not see the last time. After the pub we went to Jonny's place, where we stayed until half past three. Phil has a gallery about the evening.
Today Anna had invited us for pancake breakfast at 12. This weekend I feel like eating all the time. As the lasagne the evening before it was a lot of food and very delicious. I am still very tired from the last night. I will sleep a little bit for being prepared for tonight. I don't think that we will have a big party. But it is Basti's and mine last common evening. Conny and Inga will leave at 8. His bus after midnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...