Skip to main content

Kiruna - Mine

Tuesday 11th December
As the Sunday morning the alarm clocks did not really trigger us to stand up. I slept in the living room again and as on Sunday I heard in two minutes several alarm clocks from different rooms, but no movement for half an hour. We ate a big breakfast, cleaned the appartment in shortest time and delievered the keys in time. Afterwards we walked to town, visited the church, ate at Sibylla and booked the bus into the mine of Kiruna. It is the world biggest iron mine.



The tour through the mine was like expected. I do not like tours. You have to follow three hours a guide and the only thing you can do is listen to listing of dates, facts, and specifications. I was extremely bored and took us two and a half hours. But nevertheless: although I could have imagined a better ending, Kiruna was worth all effort.

Our train left in early evening from Kiruna and this time we did not have to change the train. We arrived at Wednesday at half past 7 in the morning. And this time I did even sleep although it did not feel like sleep afterwards. I must have slept 6 hours, but it felt like 1 and I still was very tired. We booked taxis back to Nacksta, but I had only time to leave my luggage there, because I had an exercise at university at 10. But my students gave me free after one hour, so I could go back catching the sleep.
The trip has been amazing and was worth every cold minute. It was different to those trips I heard of before. It wasn't impressive because of the activities. Dog-sledges and snow mobiles were nice. But all alone it would not have been the fun. The group we have been there made it to a trip that I will remember very often.
Pictures: Jens, Marta, Ward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ankle parade

What a weekend. Friday I watched "The Ring" with Christian and Maritha. And for getting down after the movie we watched Scream3. Saturday was a soccer-tournament in the Nacksta sportshall. When we entered the hall and watched the other teams we realzied immediately "Damn, they know how to play". So we started straight away we tactical plans. "Ok, first, with which foot do you shoot" - "Right" - "I as well right" - "Right, too" - "Don't know, I never kicked a ball before"... We were definitely the team with the most fun. We laughed so much. More and more werid tactics arised. From playing in a circle, so everybody can shot with the right foot, to Eileen's scare-tactic which should not explained in detail here. After three matches we were out, but we won at least the second. During the second game in injured somehow my ankle. I have no idea when and how, but I skipped for that reason the last match. The girls h...