Skip to main content

It's the end of the world as we know it (And I feel fine)

After very impressive days I write probably the last from sweden this year. Yes, I am going home. Over chrismas. But I promise I will be back, telling you how sweden gets out of the darkness turning into the sunniest place on earth.

On thursday I had my last salsa course. I really enjoyed this course. I would have never believed that I would dance salsa, but I did and had much fun with it. Gema told me, that originaly only old people in spain dance salsa. Well, I think, I am well prepared for the age. In the end there were just a few people left at the course, because there was a good-bye pizza dinner at town of the exchange students. But we finally even received a diploma. What a contradiction: german and a salsa diploma. The last course is documentated at Phil's page. After salsa Phil and I went to the dinner, but we were that late that we did not get food anymore. So we traveld back by foot always looking into the sky. Because of a message from Malgosia we knew that northern lights were expected at the night. And really, after 11pm it started. It began as it did in Härnösand 4 month ago: they appeared to be clouds first almost invisible, but becoming brighter and brighter. Phil and I went very fast back home to fetch our cameras. And when I stepped back out the house at the field infront of Nacksta the incredible began: it were no longer clouds like in Härnösand. It was a fire of green, violett and white running over the sky. Like it is known in the movies. My pictures can be viewed here.

On friday evening we kisse Cris good bye. She and Victor took the same bus I will take at wednesday in the morning. And it was the introduction of good-bye's that followed at the weekend.

At saturday was the last party of kårhuset. And this time it was very crowded. I don't know where the swedish hide the year over, but they were even so many that they closed the doors after enough people had entered. And we enjoyed it a lot. We were dancing until the end. It was not even the last party of the kåhuset, it was the last party with most of the exchange students. This time Marco was the only one with a camera, so you have to check his site.

On sunday I slept long, ate breakfast with Phil and Basti in the afternoon and went over to Phil's place in the evening with Gema, talking until 1 or 2 o'clock. But in the end, even when I got home, I could not sleep until half past 4. Suddenly I had to think about all the things I have to do before I leave. And at the morning I had a lab at 8 am, but I was still confused about my travel and were not able to solve many exercises. But I have my first lunch from the university kitchen today!! It is twice as expensive as at home, but much more on the plate. And it was eatable. You see, different in all aspects.
Tomorrow I will have to pack my luggage. I am very nervous. But I am very excited. Phil already has left this morning. I will be the next. I hope, I won't forget anything

Comments

dasu. said…
hej markus! falls wir uns nicht nochmal sehen: ich wuensche frohe weihnachten und nen guten rutsch! bis naechstes jahr! ulli
Anonymous said…
tatsächlich. ein gesicht im polarlicht!!!!
god jul wünsch ich dir und deiner familie auch.

hier in kr wohnt sogar ein echter weihnachtself im strickpulli, hihihi. guck mal auf meinen neuesten eintrag. *grins*

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ankle parade

What a weekend. Friday I watched "The Ring" with Christian and Maritha. And for getting down after the movie we watched Scream3. Saturday was a soccer-tournament in the Nacksta sportshall. When we entered the hall and watched the other teams we realzied immediately "Damn, they know how to play". So we started straight away we tactical plans. "Ok, first, with which foot do you shoot" - "Right" - "I as well right" - "Right, too" - "Don't know, I never kicked a ball before"... We were definitely the team with the most fun. We laughed so much. More and more werid tactics arised. From playing in a circle, so everybody can shot with the right foot, to Eileen's scare-tactic which should not explained in detail here. After three matches we were out, but we won at least the second. During the second game in injured somehow my ankle. I have no idea when and how, but I skipped for that reason the last match. The girls h...