Skip to main content

Kiruna - Hotels

Saturday 8th December
We arrived half past ten in Kiruna. And it was already amazing when we left the train. Poudersnow everywhere. Stefan called us a taxi and as usual for him, it did not even take 20 seconds until the taxi arrived for picking us up. A few minutes later we arrived at our hotel-complex. Our accomodation was amazing. It was an appartment in a house. How the other appartments look like, I don't know, but ours was equivilant to a Nacksta flat. Big and everything you need. 3 bedrooms (3,2,2 person), a big kitchen, a big living room, 2 bathrooms, and a storage room.
The first we did was cooking lunch: Christian's pasta was tasty as always and just a start to several eating-session as tasty as unhealthy. Eating statistics by now: 2 kg pasta, several eggs and some bacon. Afterwards we booked taxis to the Icehotel. It was not really finished yet, but you could well imagine how it will look like. The finished rooms were already impressive. Back in our accomodation we cooked again. In shifts. Everybody did not have slept a lot during the train. I myself just an hour. We were lying in shifts on the sofas, taking a nap. And everytime somebody stood up another one took his place falling to sleep immidiately.



The dinner consisted of 5 kg potatoes. Potatoe salad and Spanish omlett, 1 kg bacon and 1 kg mayonaisse. So tasty. After dinner Christian, Jens and I made a walk having a lot of fun while diving through deep pouder snow. The evening we spend with playing cards and went to bed early. The next morning we were supposed to be picked up to the dogsledges at 9 and we had to catch up some sleep from the train.

Comments

my blog said…
Und wie ging es weiter???
Ich warte gespannt auf die Fortsetzung!

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ankle parade

What a weekend. Friday I watched "The Ring" with Christian and Maritha. And for getting down after the movie we watched Scream3. Saturday was a soccer-tournament in the Nacksta sportshall. When we entered the hall and watched the other teams we realzied immediately "Damn, they know how to play". So we started straight away we tactical plans. "Ok, first, with which foot do you shoot" - "Right" - "I as well right" - "Right, too" - "Don't know, I never kicked a ball before"... We were definitely the team with the most fun. We laughed so much. More and more werid tactics arised. From playing in a circle, so everybody can shot with the right foot, to Eileen's scare-tactic which should not explained in detail here. After three matches we were out, but we won at least the second. During the second game in injured somehow my ankle. I have no idea when and how, but I skipped for that reason the last match. The girls h...