Skip to main content

First week solved

The first week is over! And i already had my first lessons. My first lesson was "Decision Theory", where i had to calculate, if a swedish tourist should by a wooden camel in Sri Lanka risking it would broke on his way back to europe or if he should save his money risking being robbed. Sounds funny, but it is serious. At the Decision Theory lesson only 8 sweds, one dutch and i are participating.
I also had my first swedish lesson for foreign students. It's interesting to see the other new students trying their first words in swedish. I cannot remeber my own beginnings anymore. This course is more international than the EILC, we have people from USA, Spain, Germany, Netherlands, China etc.
Für Jan :-DWednesday evening there was a welcome party at the Kårhuset. It's a house only for students having several partyroom. It's a big house, so you can have different parties at one time. The welcome party was nice, but i got home even on midnight. The music was not what i would like to hear all night long. Not one single guitar. So, Timo and Hendrik, EILC participants from last year (FH Osnabrück, Germany), gave me a lift back to Nacksta. You can see some pictures of the evening at Phils hompage.
After the wet beginning the weather was just great on Thursday. Blue sky everywhere and a warm sun. So i used this opportunity to give you an imagination of my view from my balcony. As you can see, i am looking direktly to the sea... it's just a 40 minutes walk.
Today the weather started wet and cloudy, but in the afternoon the clouds disappeared and we had again nice weather. But the wind is very cold. You can feel that autumn is coming.
Nevertheless Phil, Ulrich and i got to IKEA to buy stuff for or appartmens. But as always: even as a man you cannot rush into IKEA, take the things you want und get out of sight. We needed the whole afternoon. But i was strong... only a bought a carpet additional to the things i really wanted to buy.
This night it's full moon, so i took a picture showing moon and Sundsvall at 9 o'clock in the evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...