Skip to main content

The Sound of Silence

This morning i had my first exam in Sweden. It was about Decision Theory. And it was not that hard. It was quite easy. With a bit more preperation A should be no problem. It was about a few exercises, just slightly more complex. The definitions-questions i could not answer properly, I think. But I knew, where I the information would have stand, so I would just have needed more professional preparation.
When I went out this morning, it snowed a little bit. But it was staying on the ground, perhaps 1mm. But when I left the exam building 3 hours later, there where minimum 10cm snow. Perhaps more. It is snowing heavily all the day long. I went with Ulrich and Phil into the town, buying a cap and spikes. We did not know exactly, where to buy spikes, so we asked at the tourist-information. But they did not know what spikes are. So Phil explained "You know, these things for foreign people who cannot walk on snow like the swedish people..." - "Oh, you mean boddar!". Yes, boddar are spikes. You can buy in apoteket. But the tourist-information did not know that. But now I have some. I also tried every coat at the new second hand shop, but noone fitted. I thought about buying one, because I get cold legs outside. They cost just 200 SEK maximum.
They snow make the town more silent. At Nacksta you can hear screaming playing kids outside. But everything is covered with so much snow. In germany medias would call it snow choas. Here nobody cares. It is just the beginning. The streets are not even salted. They do not have even ordinary winter tires for the cars. The days before every car sounded like driving on small stones, because of the spikes on its tires. We just have beginning of November and I heard the snow will stay until april. As I said, just the beginning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...