Skip to main content

When I'm 64

Today our beloved long term visitor Inga left Sundsvall going home to Östersund. But she sent me some pictures she made during her visit. She introduced the group learning in the living room. Because Basti and I had different courses the period before, we always stayed in our rooms studiing for our own. I don't know, why we did not have the idea before, but now we are at the living room all the time.
My first lesson of the new period was swedish. As expected I passed the exam with mercy. But I passed an now we can start swedish2 next week... with three participants. Tomorrow there will be my first new math lecture: predicate logic. I already know a little bit about it from "Theoretical informatics" at home. But after Logic last period I am sure, there will be a lot of things I never heard of before although I have studied parts of the topic. And at the end of november the second lecture "decision analysis 1" will start and this time Basti is with me. Like at home there will be a lot of practical exercises in laboratories. I think, it will be fun learning together. My motivation is back, for sure.
But I become ill now. My throat hurts and I don't feel anyway. Perhaps I will stay longer at the couch than I want to... It's no fun to go out anyway. Because the snow is melting there is ice everywhere, esspecially at night (after 16 o'clock). I am glad to have bought the "broddar" (spikes) for my shoes. I think, they help. I believe it. At least, I feel more secure with them.

Comments

myblog said…
When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now,
will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out till quarter to three, would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four?

Popular posts from this blog

Aller guten Dinge sind drei

On Friday we had a party at Norrmalms. And because the party room looses power at 12pm everybody had to bring candles. Cool idea. In the morning I felt a little bit dizzy. I guess, due to Matt's Whiskey-Coke. At a Whiskey-Cola by Matt Coke is only used for giving the Whiskey a slightly darker color. On Saturday we have been to Kårhuset the first time since weeks, because Marcolino, Thomas and Jens were working there for the first time all together on one evening. And surprisingly the party it was very good. First we conquered a private party at the upper floor. It was meant for some Swedish students, but they were already drunk and not caring about who enters the dinner room. And they had a cool Live-band who played only good rock. They stopped at half past 1 and the last two hours we sticked to the usual dance floor who did not have the usual annoying Swedish chart music. I cannot recall what they were playing, because most songs I did not know, but it was funny. Somehow, this se...

First week

Now it has been almost a week since I came back and I remember why: because of the summer. It is the most beautiful season here. And I tried to take advantage of the weather. I got a new bicycle for I changed my small blue one with Anna's big yellow bike. Funny, it is the same modell as mine in Germany - just bigger. My first ride was to Sidsjön two days ago to have a picknick there. The day after I repaired the brakes and today I bought a new lock and oil for the chain. This evening it rained and tomorrow shall be the ugly weather, too. I want to try to use the next sunny day for a small tour. Probably the road along Sidsjön out of Sundsvall.

Ut

Emptying the room you spend your erasmus studies in is a strange feeling. My room I had for 50 weeks, after having lived 6 months in 20A. Almost one year in this little cabin. Seeing the room finally empty is not that strange. It even holds something exciting, since it means you move on. But carrying your stuff piece by piece out of the room is like watching a picture book from old times. It is not really a sad feeling, but you remember a lot of small things that seemed to be forgotten. But all my stuff did not vanish, of course. It just moved further to the living room, a place where almost every leaving exchange student has to spend some time. For me it will be a week. And it is not such a mess as it should be used for me. All in all I do not have so much stuff as I had expected. I guess it will fit all in this old crappy suitcase I have. However, I look forward to packing, for it means I will have to sort a lot of things out I would not look at again, anyway. And the stuff that rema...